One task which followed on from the annual report and notice of meeting was the Fortescue annual general meeting (AGM). As part of a small team I liaised with Investor Relations, Communications and Company Secretary to work within a specified budget and location to manage the event by:
● Seeking quotes and directing contractors on staging design, room setup and hire of audio visual equipment.
● Designing and liaising with print companies for large format elements like stage backdrop, name place cards, pull up banners and other branded signage.
● Designing the AGM presentation with Communications Co-ordinator, including gathering and suggesting content and topics for the Chairman and CEO to present to shareholders and media at the meeting.
● Being present on the day assist with set up and to co-ordinate delivery of the presentation.
● Assisting with distribution of the presentation and results of the meeting to shareholders via email blast and upload onto website.
There was a high focus on brand exposure and quality of the presentation at these meetings and often content was being refined by management close to the event. This drove the need for me to have a flexible and solid presentation design to ensure a quality outcome. Regular meetings with stakeholders helped to update time schedules effectively, keeping the project on track. Retaining a detailed log of costs, photos of room set up and taking notes from previous AGMs kept the event within budget and running smoothly year after year.
A selection of slides from the 2011 presentation are below.
Full versions of Fortescue's investor and ASX presentations can be found on their website: www.fmgl.com.au.